Our top 8 winter date ideas for the Christmas and Winter Season in London.
Winter dates seem to have a bit of magic in the air, maybe it’s the fact that Christmas is around the corner and everyone wants to be loved up, buying a present for someone special or maybe the cold nights bring more cuddling up. Whatever the reason it’s a great time to get out and go on some great dates and make the most of the season. To help we have put together our top 6 winter date ideas for making the most of what London has to offer at this magical time of year.
- We love, love, love, Winter Wonderland in the heart of Hyde Park as one of our favourite date destinations for the last 10 years. As this is their 10th Anniversary we are sure there will be extra special things on offer too. This is not only a very romantic setting for winter date idea, but has events and attractions for everyone to enjoy and suits all tastes. There are attractions, fairground rides, amazing shows and also great places to eat and drink. We love the fact that they even have a winter date itinerary planned out, see here for more details. Open from 10am until 10pm every day from the 18th November until the 2nd January. It is advisable to book online at hydeparkwinterwonderland.com.
- Ice Skating at Somerset House is a very romantic thing to do and what a backdrop to get all romantic too! Book early to avoid disappointment. We love the fact that you can skate during the day or night here and you couldn’t have a better location with great food and drink on offer this is a great date choice. See somersethouse.org.uk for more information.
- River Cruises or Meals by the Thames. BRRRRRRR we know it’s cold and we know you think we must be mad suggesting this as one of our winter date ideas but we have had events on the River in the winter and with all the lights it’s been magical. There are floating restaurants, bars and clubs that are on Thames that are stationary and some that depart at certain times every night and not only let you have great food, drink and ambiance but also let you see the sights. You will never be short of conversation on this date and you can enjoy being tour guides!
- Southbank, there is always something going on along the Southbank! Great pop up food, fabulous free street entertainment and of course the attractions including the London Eye. Why not mooch around Borough Market and grab some great food or a drink in one of the trendy bars that surround this well-known market thanks to Bridget Jones. Great backdrop for a few festive selfies along the South Bank too!
- Little Feast is a street food festival in an English Garden themed setting in the heart of Shepherds Bush Market. Guests can enjoy the magic of Christmas outdoors with great street food and heated seats with blankets to cosy up together under the fairy lights. This venue is open from the 23rd November until the 23rd December. See Shepherds bush yard, www.wefeast.co.uk for more information.
- The Gardening Society’s Festive forest on the 5th floor of John Lewis in Oxford Street. Our old friends from Mac and Wild are offering guests private lodges and a fabulous dining experience as well as masterclasses taking place giving guests the opportunity to sample some fabulous fine Whisky. You can get cosy in a lodge or enjoy the main area. It is advisable to book early as this one we know will be a sell out with their award winning Veni-Moo Beef and Venison Burgers. To book contact [email protected]
- Vauxhall Winter Village. One on our list of winter date ideas is this new venue in trendy Vauxhall. It is open from 10 November until mid-January from 11.30am until 10pm. This funky pop up has been created in the Ski lodge theme and even has a Cable car photo booth and fondue stands and fish and chips. This is one venue that won’t break the bank and has lots of things to see and do as well as eat and drink. You can even go as far and booking your own alpine cabin booths! There is a Winter Sports Bar, where you can watch the latest winter sports/ice hockey for those that wish to and a festive bandstand. One that is a must do this Christmas time on our list!
- Afternoon Tea has always been one our favourite winter date ideas and in the colder months the backdrop with a roaring fire makes it extra magical. Find a venue that suits your budget and afternoon tea doesn’t have to be expensive or you can go all out, dress up and treat someone to Tea at the Ritz, Savoy, Fortnum and Mason, Claridges or even the Dorchester. Our favourite venue for afternoon tea is Sketch in the West End. We do love our afternoon teas!