Have you ever wondered about the main differences between meeting potential partners on dating apps or online sites as opposed to meeting through a highly reputable agency such as ourselves at Elect Club?
Perhaps the biggest difference is that we meet all members personally and check them out very carefully before membership can be offered, so one of the great strengths of Elect Club is our database and its quality. We are 100% sure that our clients are who they say they are and they are living at the address provided, have not been involved in crime and that they are solvent/free from CCJ’s and bankruptcies, so are usually looking to meet someone genuinely and for the right reasons.
Some dating apps, particularly those offering a free service, understandably cant check people out in anything like the same thorough way as we can at Elect Club, it wouldn’t be financially viable. So if you have assets and a decent lifestyle, you need to think things through carefully before you subject yourself to the horrors of dating apps and poor quality sites, where danger could be lurking, especially if you’re new to this type of dating and feeling a little vulnerable.
Here are some startling facts that may get you thinking:
Online dating sites and apps – some worrying statistics
1) Online dating has one of the fastest growing crime rates in the UK according to the National Crime Agency. Online dating related crime is up by a staggering 382% between 2011 and 2016 and in reality is probably a much bigger figure, as we now know that only 1 crime in 14 leads to a prosecution.
2) Sex related crime linked to online dating and apps was up 757% in the same period and violent crime was up by 827%. Rape is up by more than 600%, All stats are from Sky News, so are credible and believable.
3) Romance fraud (which includes social media sites) went through the £100,000,000 barrier in the UK alone for the first time in 2017. This is people being targeted to pass over money electronically. Shockingly 10% of all profiles are said to be scammers according to Marketdata Enterprise. This is backed up by the BBC too, as more than 1,000,000 profiles were found to be false according to their Panorama programme – all of those in this country.
4) Globally there are now around 100 online dating related murders per annum and again globally 16,000 online daters are abducted each year by someone using a dating site or app according to InternetPredatorStatistics.com
5) 53% of app users have admitted to falsifying aspects of their dating profile according to the Huffington Post. It is also a fact that 51% of online daters are already in a relationship of some kind according to US events experts Dinner for 6 and 11% are married. Also 3% of males on online sites are psychopaths according to a book by Diane Mapes – How to date in a post dating world.
Want to date more safely? Then at Elect Club, we believe we can help you achieve that, by offering a quality service that is personally overseen by one of Europe’s leading names in Matchmaking – Genevieve Zawada. Say’s Genevieve: “We want to set the right example and be one of the cornerstone’s of safer dating in London. I am proud of the quality of our database and the service that we run, we aim ourselves at discerning daters who want to meet a quality partner and you just cannot cut corners on that.”
Want to take the next step? Then speak to our Senior Membership Adviser, Julie Lazarus, who has worked in the dating industry for many years and understands its pitfalls. We are open 9am until 9pm everyday and we can usually get you talking to Julie very quickly. Our phone number is free to ring from landlines and mobiles, so phone at our expense and Julie’s advice and help is always free. Alternatively, you can complete our online contact form and Julie will usually call you within 24 working hours, but please keep safe and do make that call.